Jumping Line Review - Don't Judge The Book by Its Cover

I must admit if I'm pretty sceptic when I saw this game, it has a nice description but the graphic was so so in my mind. Moreover, I read if this game got 93/100 based on voted at Desura. Then, I'm wondering how can? Hmm, now I'm curious enough to buy the game. However, there's other game which intriguing my eyes too, they like to said "Buy me, buy me". Man, the most annoying thing in my life is keep my game budget as tight as possible :') pretty sad since I'm still a student and I don't have too much money to buy every games that I want.


Alright enough for the introduction. Several days ago, I just saw the game was free for a week, wow... yeah.. I'm so lucky.. Downloading now... Alright the game has really really simple graphic, but don't let the graphic deceive you, the gameplay isn't as simple as you might think. It might has the simple concept but it execute very decent. Imagine that you become a dancing line, then you should jump from one platform to another platform. Sounds easy enough right?

Jump with ambient soundtrack...


The game has 2 kinds of controls, touch and tilt control. Both of controls work pretty well and for me, I prefer tilt control for this game. Basically, it's a level based game but you can't select any levels here. There're so many levels here (3400 blocks long levels), and after you finished the main mode you can play almost 600 other levels created by users. Hmm, wondering when I can completed all of those levels... :P Unfortunately, there's no indicator in which level I've been so I have no idea where I am now?



The difficulty is pretty simple at the first time, you just need to jump from one block (platform) to another block (platform), and there're 2 kinds of unique platforms, red and blue. You can activated one kind only, if you choose the red one, all blue platforms will be deactivated. Beside of that, you will find the yellow blocks too. These blocks will float when you jump on them. There're still many other interesting things inside which
can be found during the game. Just keep playing to bring you more experiences inside.

Graphic isn't everything...


This game is generous enough with giving away so many checkpoint inside, though I think it's also a mark of each levels too.. Every time you game over, you will start again from the last check point. Time after time you play, you will realize if the game become more difficult, sometimes you need to be patient, careful, and perform some tricky trick too to finished the level. The best of all this game will make you so annoyed but challenged at the same time. In other word, just two option for this game, play it or leave it.


Jump Line already deceive me with the graphic, at beginning I just underestimated the game. However, I was wrong this time and after I played the game, I think the graphic isn't bad at all though it can be better than now. The gameplay itself can cover it all, like the title of this review... Don't judge the book by its cover. Jumping Line is a proof if a game isn't about the graphic only, but the core mechanic itself is the main point of this game. Anyway, the game has ambient soundtrack too, kudos for developer :)

Jumping Line is available for iOS, PC also MAC. It's only $0.99 at MAC App Store, Free (Limited time) at App Store and $1.99 at Desura and believe me all of those prices are worth for this minimalist challenging game.

Graphic/ Sounds: 3.5 out of 5
Game Control: 4 out of 5
Gameplay: 4.5 out of 5
Replay Value: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5


App Store Link: Jumping Line, Free
Mac App Store Link: Jumping Line, $0.99
Desura Link: Jumping Line, $1.99


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intake: Be Aggressive Short Review - Seriously Addictive as Drug

Edifier x Mosum X3 TWS Earphone Review

Seashine - A Dark Journey of Jellyfish Through The Abyss